Argentina has seven regions. The regions are as follows.
Andean Northwest, Chaco, Cuyo, Mesopotamia, Pampas, Patagonia, and Tierra del Fuego. The disputed Falkland Islands is a United Kingdom Overseas Territory, but is claimed by Argentina.
Each region is divided into Provinces. Each region contains the following departments.
- Andean Northwest: Catamarca, Jujuy, La Rioja, Tucuman, and western parts of Salta & Santiago del Estero.
- Chaco: Chaco, Formosa, and eastern parts of Salta & Santiago del Estero.
- Mesopotamia: Mendoza, San Juan, and San Luis.
- Pampas: Corrientes, Entre Rios, and Misiones.
- Patagonia: Buenos Aires, City of Buenos Aires, Cordoba, La Pampa, and Santa Fe.
- Tierra del Fuego: Chubut, Neuquen, Rio Negro, and Santa Cruz.